2019 Impact and Updates
Wow, 2019 has been a huge year for our community. None of it would have been possible without the amazing efforts of our Country Leaders, Volunteer Facilitator Team, and community support.
In 2019 we…
- Held 152 Events
- In 5 countries in English, Icelandic, Burmese, and Mongolian. Building community and empathy across cultures.
- With 1824+ people – strangers and friends
- Trained 100+ Aristotle’s Cafe Facilitators, giving community members from all walks of life the chance to build their capacity to ask powerful questions, deeply listen, and cultivate critical thinking.
- We’re honored to have our Founder, Hassan Ghiassi, speak on the TEDx stage in Bangkok, Thailand at TEDxCharoenkrung and delivered a speech on how discussions that matter build empathy. Outlining the lessons learned and stories that have been part of Aristotle’s Cafe over the past 14 years.
- Launched our first-ever crowdfunding campaign launched in October 2019 and had 52 gracious supporters. We are truly grateful all of the support over the past year – from our volunteer country leaders to donors, and of course participants.
If you feel inspired, we invite you to support our mission to have more discussions that matter. We hope 2019 has been a meaningful year for you and we wish you joy and peace as you ring in the New Year.
We look forward to even more #discussionsthatmatter in 2020!
We've Got Even Better Stuff on Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list for news & resources about communication, facilitation, and more!
Awesome content, and no spam (we hate spam)